Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An amazing realization

Today - and yesterday - have been so amazing.

Let me back up to Sunday - it's all been this wash of love flowing over me (and Andy, too) about this biopsy. Kisses, hugs, pets, rubs, eyes glistening with tears from men - what a humbling, reaffirming feeling I have received these past days while my friends and family have worried and prayed over my results. Am I truly so dumb as to not have known what I was facing that I wasn't as worried as they were !?! The sounds of concern and fear in the voices on the phone until I say "no cancer!" - then the obvious sounds of relief and thanksgiving. It's almost as if I have been watching this from a distance happening to someone else.

I know that I was scared; I watched Marilyn Tello die of this merciless disease, and that has always been my fear; along with being lop-sided in my clothes - but this time, I dodged the bullet. By the grace of God and the love and prayers of my family. Iwill never be able to thank them all enough for how they've loved me through this -

God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is great!! Linda and I will continue to keep you in our prayers. Enjoy your grandkid(s).
Love you guys,
Randall and Linda

Dana said...

Looks like I know where I got my delayed reactions from! :)

You are SO loved!!