Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Olan Mills memories.... :(

Last night, Andy and I had our appointment for our pics for the new church directory. I totally forgot about it until he reminded me about 5:15 - the appointment was for 6:30 ! Dinner was already going - which is a rarity for me! - so we had to swallow it down quickly to make it on time. I did have time to refresh (shampoo!) my hair and throw on some makeup, but off we went.

Having these portraits done always sadden me - I miss the girls tremendously! It marks a passage of time that, while I am content here, I miss the bows and pretty dresses and funny smiles of having my girls in the photos with me. Each one tells me that those days are gone forever; the 4 of us will never again live as we once did - happy and lovingly. And while I think our picture turned out good (even with me in it!) - it looks empty.

Do other moms feel this, or is it just me?

4 comments:

andrew said...

A dad/husband perspective . . .

When I see those portraits, I feel that we have come full circle. We are as we first started . . . just you and me, babe. As I said in last weeks anniversary blog, we are who we are because of each other. Yes, I miss the girls and the time we had with them. But they are happy and on their own and making decisions based on what we have tried to teach them. So far, I find comfort in that.

Cryssy said...

I'm sure I'll feel the same some day but just wanted to remind you that this is a special time. A time for you and Andy in your maturity to enjoy each other without others around (minus Spurs games..hee hee). A time to sit back and watch your children go through the ups and downs of life on their own. A time to discover the new additions to life (Gregg and any other additions you may have that you wouldn't have if the girls were still home). This is a special time. God has given you this time in His infinate wisdom.

Jackie said...

. . . jackie is wanting to adopt . . . yeah, I'm thinkin I understand.

Darla said...

Yes, those days are gone BUT a new day has arrived in which you have a good loving relationship with your children, the adults and that's not bad at all. I love my adult children and there are more people to love now, yup! ten more, three more children and seven grandchildren! Talk about good feelings!!!

This is the first couple portrait we have made and it marks a new beginning of a life as a couple, a good life.