Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SPURS WIN!!

YES !! It was a nail-biter at times, but the boys pulled it out! Everyone is meeting at the Hutton's Wed. night after church, and we will sit in the same order as last night just for "luck's sake!" (Not really - we're not THAT rabid!!)

Anyway, to the topic of the day. My friend Jackie says she likes to go places with me because she likes the way I watch people around me. Never really thought about it, but growing up shy still surfaces sometimes, and I am overwhelmed by the goings on around me. Best way to pass the time in those circumstances is to sit and watch. I would say that is one of the best things my mom taught me - to see what people around you are doing and how they are in social situations.

Which leads me to this - I LOVE our little elitest group of SPURS folks. You can almost quote before the game what Jon or Lonnie or Andy or - well, you get my drift - is going to say. We've settled into this wonderful little company of friends who moan and laugh and cheer ourselves crazy for 48 minutes every other day or two. We rarely let anything else enter the moment (unicorns the exception!) and we don't need a word of conversation to keep the night pleasant. Dralena's cheese dip, Ann's peanut brittle and Jackie's eggs are staples of the evening, and life is just good for that period of time.

Like Jackie says, I'm really gonna miss it when the playoffs are over.

Thanks, SPURS!

1 comment:

andrew said...

Yeah, but after the playoffs are over, we'll move on to other things, in some way more important things. However, the fellowship remains.

So, let's continue to enjoy what is left this year. Hopefully, since tonight is Game Five of the Utah series, the playoffs will continue for at least five more wins by the Spurs.