Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One thing that I never have been able to do is not care if someone doesn't like me. It eats at me and makes me spend way too much time wondering what's wrong with ME that someone would not like me. My mom was the opposite; she wanted you to like her, but if you didn't, oh well - she' d move on to the next person who did like her and forget the other person. Figured it was their loss

I'm 52, for crying out loud!! I have loads of people who love me and find me quite fun to be around, some even seek me out for their fellowship. So why is it that I give a care if there's someone who's out there that just doesn't "get" me? Why can't I turn loose?

I guess it's just my burden to bear....

2 comments:

Darla said...

I understand EXACTLY how you feel. And there are lots of people who do not like me.

I have friends, don't get me wrong but few who seek me out. But I never assume someone likes me automatically. I watch body language to tell me whether or not they like me. When I get negative vibs I back off but I worry over it. I don't want to offend them any further.

Why? For me, I think it is a lack of confidence thing, being a woman thing, being a middle child thing and being sensitive to other's emotions.

I can not imagine why you feel that why. You are smart, fun and interesting. Everyone loves you.

The Johnsons said...

I just don't know, Momma. If I did, I wouldn't have the same problem...