Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Deeann, Randall, John, Elaine, James, Roland, Tom, David, Crystal, Beth,Mark, and so on....

Back at Erin's. I feel like the commercial that sings, "I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere." My back is sore from all the different beds and sitting in the car for two days, but I wouldn't change a minute of the past 3 days.

I am at my best after I've been with my cousins. I really feel like that - that my life and focus are renewed and I have been bathed in honest, faithful love. I could stay days and days in their presence, and never tire. Even on such a "sad" occasion, it was great. Saw cousins I haven't seen in DECADES; so good to hug their necks.

I'm a little too emotional and tired right now to tell about the funeral, but I will tell one funny spot. Aunt Mary had 5 living children, and they always wanted to know which one was the favorite. So, they made her a shirt that says, "I love _____ best." It goes down the shirt in list form, with each child's name in the blank. Each child has their own color of ink. Then, they each have their own shirt that reads, " Mom loves me best!" Those were laid out at the funeral home and then reference was made to them at the service. Everyone had a good laugh, and it was a testimony to their bond.

It was great to have Erin and Liz with us... it's up to us now to keep the kids in touch. The May girls are all gone, and it's our turn to pass their legacy on. I hope I'm up to the task.

No comments: