Monday, July 28, 2008

How did I know?!

On our first date, Andy and I went to a concert at the Student Center of our university, Sam Houston State. The artist was B.W. Stevenson, of "My Maria" fame, and he (Andy) promptly forgot my name when a buddy of his walked up and introduced himself. Great first impression that one was!
Fast forward to yesterday. I'm sitting in the pew following the invitation and a couple of responses, and there he stands, sharing with the congregation the needs and concerns of the folks who came to the front. As I sat there, my heart just filled up with the most wonderful sort of pride; to hear his speak so lovingly and compassionately about the circumstances these brothers and sisters in Christ had found themselves in.
How DID I know all those years ago that he would evolve into such a man? I knew he had good qualities and a love of God and a desire to grow in His will, but I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about those things. Over the years, God has molded and shaped his heart into what it is today, and as I sat and watched him yesterday, I felt so blessed.
Erin asked me once how I knew he would be a good husband. I told her I didn't, that I just loved how he kissed!! Thanks be to God for giving me so much more that I ever dreamed of!!

No comments: