Monday, July 14, 2008

Paradise Valley and more!!

Yesterday, we drove over to Houston to pick up Erin for the trip to the funeral. Usually, their congregation does not meet on Sunday evenings, but last night, they did, so we met them there. They were having a "Singing" - and we got there just as the first song was going.
Their congregation is huge - almost 1,000 members, but last night we met in the chapel. It holds 200, and we sang and sang, and sang some more. New songs, old songs, fast and slow songs. They gave us a chance for requests, so I loudly yelled out "185" and got a lot of laughter... poor Erin. Her mother!! Anyway, my song was the prettiest one we sang - "Jesus, Thy Name I Love." Can't get through it without tearing up. Amazing. Lots of good voices and energy. Good old, 4 part harmony. We even learned a new "round" that made me wish for Jackie.

So, today we head north for visitation, then the funeral is tomorrow afternoon. Erin has to work on Wed., so we will come right back. I'm so glad she is going, but I know all the riding may be hard on her. I promised Gregg I'd take good care of her - and Elizabeth.

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel.

No comments: