Friday, July 18, 2008

Random observations of late...

I've been quite emotional lately; Auny Mary dying, Liz growing healthy and strong, Bekah leaving for India, dealing with my own demons, and so on. I've not been weepy like this since before my hysterectomy, and I really am caught off guard. I requested a song the other night in Houston and could hardly sing it because I became so emotional over the words!! I'm eager for this stage to pass....

Andy is out working in the yard as I write this post. He took a day off yesterday to relax after our "Tour de Texas." We actually drove by the cut-off to Crawford, but somehow didn't make it to the house itself. I hear the Secret Service frowns on people dropping in.

Last night was our turn to host the Summer Youth Series. The speaker was really good - I hope to hear him again sometime. Afterwards, I got to visit with Joy, Betty and Bob, and sweet Jackie Jenkins. I miss her and that stinky husband of hers. I miss them a lot -

One month today, I go back to work. To most people, a month off would be wonderful, and I am dreading that I "only" have one month left. Teachers ARE spoiled in that respect. I just hope it doesn't fly by.

One of the nicest parts of going to Aunt Mary's funeral was having all that time with Erin. You can do a LOT of talking covering that many miles, and I never grew tired of enjoying watching what an amazing woman she is. Liz is going to be a lucky little girl to have her as a mom.

Please take care of yourselves. I love you -

No comments: