Friday, July 11, 2008

My little lamb

Been having trouble falling asleep the past couple of nights. Guess the waiting and worrying over Aunt Mary has played a number on my rest. We are just waiting now; she has a staph infection that has gone to her heart, and at 87 years old, that's about unbeatable. She's strong though - her daughter tells me it took 6 people to hold her down to put in the iv. My aunt is all of 5 feet and 80 pounds, but I hear she's fighting it.
Anyway, last night, I was tossing and turning, singing hymns in my head and not getting anywhere. Finally, one thought calmed me down and let me relax. Elizabeth. I visualized her smiling face and sweet smell, over and over, and soon, I was asleep.

Nice.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

This is all so sad for Aunt Mary's family. With that said - I love this post for different reasons. You singing hymns when you need comfort/peace/rest is so what I think about when I think of you. I love that you turn there - songs of God and hope. Makes me smile. You thinking of Elizabeth makes me smile, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one lying in bed in the wee hours of the night thinking of what she'll look like and all the joy she'll bring. Makes all the other overwhelming stuff go away.