Thursday, September 25, 2008

26 years and 1 day

Happy Birthday, Erin!! My little one, my spunky child, my singer and dancer. The persistent girl, the teddy-bear collector, and more. All grown up now and awaiting her baby girl.

When I think of Erin as a child, I shake my head. For many reasons. She perplexed, entertained, questioned, and demanded. I watched as she grew from a little ballerina in a green tutu to a bride of immeasurable beauty walking to her groom. Now, she prepares for motherhood, with questions and fears just as we all have had. I tell her it will all pass and then she will have Liz, but right now, all that faces her is the process. And the swollen feet, and the emotions coming from all directions.

When you hold your child and dream of what life holds for them, you have no idea. Sometimes it is pain that you must go through with them to come out stronger, and sometimes it is sheer joy and laughter. With Erin, it was been much more the later, and I am so appreciative. She is a treasure.

No comments: