Monday, September 15, 2008

A Time to Work, a Time to Rest

I know that this is not part of Eccesiastes (sp) per se, but it sure fit the LaMores this past weekend. I've discovered that as we age, there is just time when the body needs to rest - not so much from physical labor, but just to give the soul a break. As we neared sleep last night, Andy talked about how much he'd slept over the weekend, and for him, it was a lot. I could tell by his tone of voice that it bothered him, but I assurred him that it was alright every now and then. I think his mind is overwhelmed with work, church, kids, me, life in general. The body just has enough to go on for so long. Add the stress of not knowing what it was Ike wanted to do, and that was it.

I hope you and yours all survived the storm - or lack of, here - and are back into your routine. I know I'm grateful for cell-phones!!

No comments: