Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Perks of my job

When I was told at the end of the year that I would be traveling from campus to campus, I was apprehensive. Shanon assured me I would love it, and Dana assured me that those 1st graders would be so much fun. So it began....

Now, 6 weeks into the year, here are the perks:
No lesson plans or grades
No duty - NONE !
My groups are 4 at most
Meetings are a thing of my past - if my supervisor needs to tell me something, she emails me! All she asks is that I drop in a couple of times a week to "touch base" and fill her in. This, I can do.
I share rooms with 2 amazing teachers, who show me professionalism every day. My new friend at Primary is superb and kind, and shows me the ropes at my new campus. My co-hort at Elem. is still the same, and I love it!
I get mileage for my whopping 1.5 mile a day transition drive!!
And best of all -

The stress of the past years is gone. I feel like the teacher I knew I was, and it is wonderful to feel that way again. I still plan retirement asap, but at least this is do-able. The day flies by and before I know it, it will be the holidays.

So. Shanon and Dana were right. This is starting off to be a banner year, and I hope the good times continue. And while I don't "belong" to any particular campus, I feel appreciated at both. What more could I ask for?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

How awesome is God???

Great blog!