Monday, September 22, 2008

7 years ago....

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death. I told Andy this morning it seems like just the other day, and yet so much has happened in those years. Erin asked me this weekend if I'd thought about her much with Liz coming, and the answer is yes -for me, but probably no for most other people. I don't dwell on the dead; I have peace with their lives and where they are so I don't let it be the focus of my thoughts. But I have given much thought to how she would be enjoying becoming a great-grandmother and doing all the creative things she loved to do. Am I sad she will not get to hold Liz and sing her silly songs and tell her funny stories? Definately. But I'd like to think, if there was a way for this to happen, that she's met Liz already in the great beyond, and told her all about us. What we are like and how we will love her and teach her all about God and His goodness to our family. About what I was like as a little girl and her mother's fun and playful personality. Her sweet Aunt Dana's care and concern for others and her Daddio's strong, loving nature.

Mayber when she's older, I'll ask her. I may be surprised!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I was thinking of my mom yesterday. I missed her birthday. August 22nd.