Wednesday, September 10, 2008

so much for cuddling!

Lots of times, I go to bed and fall asleep before Andy turns in. I don't like it, but I need more sleep than he does, and I honestly think he likes the solitude after I am asleep. However, on Monday night, he announced as he left for visitation that Tuesday night, we would turn in early and cuddle. (I never said he was spontaneous!) Anyway, last night, we were watching Frazier on cd, laughing our heads off, and the episode ends. He grabs the remote, puts up the cd, and shuts down the living room. We are going to cuddle! I go in, get ready for bed, and - you guessed it - fell dead asleep. The last thing I remember is him turning on the shower.

I felt SO bad this morning - the man was being just what I wanted him to be, and I botched it up. So, during breakfast, I apologize. "For what?" he asks. For not being awake to cuddle, I reply. He grins and says, "We cuddled for 30 minutes! You snored, and I cuddled."

32 years of marriage. I'm so glad he still loves me!!

No comments: