Friday, September 05, 2008

A realization in HEB

Yesterday, I faced HEB. I'd put it off as long as I could, even sending Dana last weekend, but now the time had come. No yogurt, milk, butter, eggs - well, you see why.

I don't shop with a list; I go down the same aisles in the same order, and the stuff I use hops in as I pass. Not really, I wouldn't dread it as much that way. But, anyway, as I scanned the rows and rows of items, it dawned on me that I was looking for cold-weather foods; chili, Taco soup, stew. Jambalya crossed my palate as I neared the sausage. That's it! My taste buds are tired of the same, hot-weather foods we've been eating since March! It's time for the good stuff, that warms you down to your toes.

Lucky for me, when Liz comes, and I go to stay a while, I can have all that good stuff ready for Gregg when he comes home after work. Assuming the Houston area knows it's winter by then!!

MMMMmmmm - can't wait!!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

We do love Jambalaya!

Dana said...

The aunt loves Jambalaya too. And taco soup, and stew, and numerous other cold weather foods. Can she be invited over one night?