Monday, May 11, 2009

A great night was had by all - if you're a Trekkie!

My mother's day weekend was rather, shall I say, sickening?! I came down with a nasty bug toward the end of the week, and by the time school was out on Friday, I knew I was in for it. The best thing to do was to just lay very still and sip Sprite. Saturday came and went with Andy working on his lesson for Sunday and me lying and moaning. The sounds emminating from my belly would be great sound effects for the loudest thunder storm ever, and if were not so painful, would have been rather fascinating....

I made it to and through worship, and Andy cooked us a wonderful lunch. Then, some more lying down until evening services. It's afterwards that the fun began!

The new Star Trek was GREAT!!! Several of us went to see it, and I cannot say enough cool stuff about it. The audience in the theatre LOVED the characters (a younger version of the original cast, in case you are not aware.) The actors captured the flavor of the characters perfectly, and the lines were right out of the tv series! To some, I guess, it would have been better to make them in their own interpretation, but it just fit so well that you could really feel they'd pulled out the old guys and done plastic surgery. I sat several times up on the edge of my seat, watching it was so fun.

I promise - the first time "Bones" said, "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor!" I thought Andy was going to choke!! And it just went on from there ---

Wanna go with me - I'm ready to see it again!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'll go!

"Captain! I can't keep her together any longer!"