Monday, May 04, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Andy and I are hoping to book a trip for this summer, but I wanted to wait until I'd seen my surgeon for my yearly check-up just to make sure nothing's going to interfere.

My appointment was in March. March 13th to be exact, and I am STILL waiting to hear the results!! I've called and called, and either the nurse "will return your call" or something else. Those of you who know me know that I don't just keep my phone on all the time, but the last few weeks, I've had it on pretty much until 7:00 daily, giving them time to call.

Today, I called AGAIN.(I know it's not polite to type in these capital letters, but, grrrr!) Anyway, this time, I actually talked to the nurse, and she tells me that my test results are on the dr.'s desk and he hasn't gone over them yet. March, April, now May has come, and I'm really, really hoping there's nothing bad that has been sitting there all this time!!

She tells me today that he will be in the office tomorrow, and she will talk to him and call me. You reckon?!? I tried to be as nice but firm as I could be; but if I don't hear soon, I'm driving up there....

I want to book this trip!!!!

3 comments:

Darla said...

Amy, I say this with as much sincerity as I can....it is time to find a new doctor.

You are in charge of your health. You are the one who will suffer when he neglects your care.

Unless, he is family....he is history in my book.

Of course, I would have been upset at week two, week three he would have had a knock on his door.
I think he is inconsiderate and disorganized. Two things I don't want in my caretaker.

The Johnsons said...

Wow. That's terrible. I hope you get a phone call today - for both your sakes.

shanon said...

Mom always says "No news is good news". If there was something bad they would have called immediately. So it is good news!!!Shanon