Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When words fail you -

Last night was our last Secret Sisters' gathering of the session. We met at Linda's beautiful new home, and the place was decked out with Hawaiian themed tables, murals, candles, etc. Lots of grass skirts and coconut bras, leis, and bare feet added to the festivities. We even had a couple of hula dancers, thanks to Caleb and Alex!! It was a night full of laughter, hugs, a few tears, and sweet expressions of love. Out of 33 women, only 4 were not in attendance; what a great turn-out!! The best part to me was going to be sitting back and just soaking it all in, or so I thought!

Before we ate, Linda and Darla stepped up and informed me that before everyone learned the identity of their sister and received their last token of affection from her, that I needed to get mine!! Now, I did not take a sister this round, and so I had no idea what she meant. Then, they began to carry out package after package and laying them at my feet - each lady had brought something for me!! Some were whimsical (Jackie!) and some very needed - A nice supply of lovely note cards - some wonderful new things for my home, and some very personal (Susie!). Let's just say the sentiments on the cards meant the world, and many times I just had to touch my heart to express my thanks.

Taking it all home and showing it to Andy was great fun - and rereading those lovely cards again made me realize how very little it takes of our time and energy to show someone we love them. Watching those ladies see the face of their special sister, whether it was someone they already knew or a new person in their life, was
all the gift I needed; but I truly love each and every one I received!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

How special! I can't wait to hear more about it. You are very loved!