Thursday, March 22, 2007

Amy has a little lamb

I've always liked collections that people have. I think they show a certain aspect of their personality, and offers nothing if not conversation starters.
I've had several collections - clowns, birdhouses, old hymnals, etc. Along the way, either I outgrew the collection or I just quit looking for them.

When Andy became an elder for the 1st time, I began to study more indepthly the Shepherd/lamb portions of scripture. I came to love the 23rd Psalm truly for the 1st time, and I began to "feel" Andy growing more and more responsible for his own little flock. With that came the next logical step; I wanted sheep.

Now, sheep are not always easy to find; usually in baby departments or around Easter. I have a Willow tree figurine given to me that is the woman tenderly holding a lamb, but don't try to buy the boy shepherd apart from the Nativity - it gets ugly!! Anyway, to date I have about 5 little white lambs.

Today, my friend Susie brought me my newest. She found her for me in Tennessee on a visit to see her son over Spring Break, and wanted to give it to me. Now, Susie has given me things for many years - and provided things for me which I can never attempt to repay. She loves me for some reason, and has blessed my life with her friendship greatly. I took my first trip to Tulsa with her (and Ed), and they've been with me through thick and thin. I wanted to name my new lamb after her, but she said to wait, she's looking for a special one that is more "like her". So, I'll honor that wish. But I'll remember her love for me every time I look at the lamb.

Her name? Roxanne - after another of Jesus' precious lambs.

No comments: