Saturday, March 24, 2007

On a whim....

Many years ago, I took piano lessons. For 3 years, I sat on the bench and did as little as I needed to to keep mama off my back and get through the lessons without too much embarrassment.
A friend and I took them at back to back, so my favorite part was playing with her before and afterwards. Not quite the dedicated musician my brother was proving to be.

Now, in my mid-life years, I find myself regreting quitting those lessons. I thought about taking up the violin, but seriously doubt I have the arm strength after going to the symphony a while back. Those people have the stamina of Olympic athletes!

Today, I was looking at craigslist.com, and went to the free area - thanks, Susie!! I found a listing for a FREE piano, in Floresville!! "May need tuning" - you think?!? It's in a storage unit, and "weighs a billion pounds". I have nowhere to put it, don't know a piano tuner at all, but I emailed the owner to see if it was still available.

Now, I thought Andy would flip when I told him what I'd done, but he just said, "I think I know that name." This is HUGE for my husband - he usually thinks I'm out on a limb big-time, and he didn't say a thing?! This surgery has really affected him!!

I'll keep you posted....

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

How fun! I definitly want to know what happens!

: )

Darla said...

What fun! Leann got one of those type pianos.....free and out-of-tune. Yesterday, on our visit for Matthew's birthday she played Happy Birthday on the out-of-tune piano. It was really a fun little tune with the addition of all the fun little off-key notes. I wonder if you can figure out how to tune it yourself. Let's google it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy,
It's Julie. Yep. I read your blog from time to time! I'm so glad to hear all the good news about your health. I just gave away a used piano... wish I'd known about your interest. Cheryl Smelley will tune it for ya. Ask mom for contact info. Have a blast!! Piano playing can be sooo relaxing.