Thursday, March 29, 2007

An "Unexpected" Gift

When I was in the hospital, Andy and the kids went down to the cafeteria so he could get something to eat. Later, he came in with a bag, and informed me that he'd seen something in the gift shop that he thought I'd like, and he'd give it to me when I was "ready for it."

Now, I'm not a peeker, but everyday for 7 weeks now, I've walked by this pink bag on his dresser; tempted but not giving in to looking to see what was in it. Andy isn't an impulsive gift-giver; he usually tells me about something he saw, but that's about it. With that in mind, I'm really anxious to see what the devil he would get, and WHEN WOULD I GET IT?!?

Today was the day..., well, actually it was supposed to be Monday, but he was sick and forgot to give it to me. As I opened it, I knew that no matter what it turned out to be, it was special. He'd written a check not in our budget (see Dave Ramsey here!) for something he thought I'd like. It was to commemorate my new beginning back at school; healed and back to the routine. As I opened the little blue box, out came a beautiful egg, covered in yellow tulips. Yellow tulips - Spring. New Beginnings. Love and hope, all in a pink bag.

I'm really glad I didn't peek!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you liked it! I almost messed it up after Bugs Bunny on Broadway. What a save! Can't wait to see it in a week!

Darla said...

That is so sweet!
I'm impressed!