Monday, March 12, 2007

I've written a children's book. It's about my experiences as a little girl at the Strawberry Festival when I was growing up, and it's my first effort. I've sent it out to a couple of local places, and while they were encouraging with my "style", they were not into children's books, or suggested I try having it published in a magazine first as a short story. A lady at church recommended an illustrator to me, but I've yet to contact her. It's scary putting your writing out there for others to see, and I fear rejection big time! My thoughts are to get some published and take it in April to the Festival to sell at a booth, to see what type of interest there would be. As it is March now, I've obviously missed this Festival, but there's always next year.

Wish me luck (and confidence!! )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm glad that you finished the book. I have to say that I'm tremendously proud of you!!! You rock!! --Beth