Thursday, March 15, 2007

Zing!! That speeding bullet you just heard was whizzing past my head. It's official, the cancer was taken care of during the surgery - no radiation, no chemo - no cancer!! Visited with Dr. M. yesterday, and he gave us the news. Praise God. I never really felt like I "had cancer" but just the idea that something foreign and life-threatening grows within is a sobering thought. I thank you all for your uplifting my name before the Father, and I hope never to have to repay the favor!

This has been an interesting time. Not a fun way to lose 20 pounds, but I'll take it as, I hope, a jumpstart. I'm more alert, have more energy - mentally, at least - and my head is just more clear than I remember being in a while. I guess I just didn't realize what all was going on. Duh!!

This weekend, I'm missing a "cousins' reunion" up near Fort Worth for my cousin Bobby Aaron. Bobby's dying of cancer, evidently it won't be long. He's fought hard, and will leave this life way too soon. I'm really sad I'm not able to make the drive, but just going to SA and back is cause for discomfort the next day. Luckily, I don't go back to work until the 26th, so I have a little more time to recoup....

Dana's headed home, and Andy's getting her old room ready to paint, so I guess I need to get in there and see what, if much, I can do. There's always that "moral support" !!

No comments: