Sunday, November 05, 2006

Here we go again. Andy's name was put before our congregation this morning as a "candidate" to serve as an elder. Candidate is not the right word, but it's the best I can come with right now. He served until a few months ago, when we had a shake-up and all them men decided it was time to step aside for a while to let some things work through. During this time, we've had some time to consider if serving would be the right thing at this time. I say we, because his service affects me directly. I am one woman who likes the way God has set all this up; I get to watch my dear husband serve in a most honored place, and yet I don't really have all the stress he has to deal with. I'm excited about the list of men who are willing to serve, and I pray for a peaceful transition. These can be the best days of our congregation's history, and I hope these men fall in love with each other and serve many long and fruitful years. To God be the glory.

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case you didn't see my other message I will post again. My friend, Dolores Waldrum, is trying to find your mailing address. If you see this would you e-mail her at:

waldrumad@yahoo.com

I had found your BLog shortly after Archie's death and printed off your message about him on your Blog and sent it to her. She would like to contact you.

One of Dolores' many friend.