Monday, November 20, 2006

Little girls and baby dolls! Don't see that much anymore; I guess I'm either way beyond the age where I'm running with that crowd, or little girls just don't take their dolls out in public anymore. Well, today, I was on duty after the bell rang. Kids were filing past me, laughing, showing their buddies stuff, talking about Thanksgiving, and this one little girl caught my eye. She was walking along, slowly, with a bundle in her arms. She was looking at it tenderly, straightening the blanket surrounding it, and oblivious to anyone seeing her. When I looked closely, I could see in the blanket, the face of a baby doll! She'd had it in her backpack all day (kids can't bring toys to school, you know!) and now she had taken her out to check on her. It was a wonderful sight to behold - a little mommy with her baby. It made me smile - innocence still lives among us.

Made me want to hold a doll myself.

3 comments:

Dana said...

That is one reason I like seeing Abbie at church so much!

The Johnsons said...

Madison always had a baby doll... Didn't you used to always get a doll for Christmas or something? My mom as a little girl with her baby doll - that's a cute thought, too!

Crystal said...

Awww...I feel the same way! I wish Clara was more into dolls than wanting an i-pod! By the way...I started a blog on here so I could keep in better touch with all of you!