Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I know you've never done this, but I have decided that I was wrong. Yep; I had someone figured out, and lately I have decided that what I thought about this person was way off base, and that I made an error in my assessment of her.

I share my room with 4 women on a daily basis; now this might seem impossible that we all get along, but we do. Mainly because we are all so in and out that we aren't around to get into each others' way, but when we do all end up together, it's cool. We even laugh about most things and share little tidbits about our lives that border on intimacy.

As I told you, last week was hard. I needed to talk and talk to someone who was objective and not close to the situation, so I decided to confide in this roommate. She listened, and then proceeded over the next few days to give me real advice and sympathize with my dilemna. She made me laugh about the ridiculousness of it all, and left me alone when she could tell I needed it. It turns out she was the perfect one for me to confide in, because while we are roommates, we aren't buddies, chums, confidants, "sisters" or any of that. She's had some tough times in her life, and I think that has made her appear unapproachable to some, but not me. I've seen a beautiful side to her that opened my heart, and I won't forget it ever. I only hope if the tides are ever turned, she'll feel safe talking to me about it.

Today was beautiful; I hope you saw it. Sweet dreams!!

1 comment:

andrew said...

God works in mysterious ways. Not that God hides from us but He can be sort of like Candid Camera ... some day, in some way, when you least expect it!