Saturday, November 18, 2006

Today, I shop for Thanksgiving Dinner!! My family is among the few in the U.S.A. that prefer this day over Christmas for some reason. I think it's the quiet calm about this time together rather than the hustle and bustle and frenzy of Christmas. An equal amount of work with a more peaceful result.

Anyway, I decided to shop today rather than wait and go on Wed. Duhh! Hopefully it will be less crazy if I time it right and I"ll come home less frazzled!! We'll be dining with our friends the Huttons, as is our tradition, and we've divided out the foods, so we are good to go.

I hope you are looking forward to your Thanksgiving. I am truly ready to light a fire and sit with some wassail and enjoy a few days of peace before the Christmas frenzy hits!!

Here I come, HEB!!

5 comments:

Cryssy said...

I think I'd kill for HEB!! If this helps you understand at all....it is cheaper to shop at the Wal Mart Supercenter than any other one store! I'm not the type to go to 15 different places to find the best deals. I hate coming home for visits and going to HEB. Makes going coming home to SC so much worse!

The Johnsons said...

I think it's great that our family likes Thanksgiving better than Christmas! Make sure you have some tamales for me...

Anonymous said...

Amy, Dolores Waldrum wants your address. I am her friend and found your Blog shortly after Archie's death.

Could you write to her at:waldrumad@yahoo.com

From her friend, Joyce

Amy said...

Sure, Joyce! How wonderful to meet you! You never know who's out there, reading.

Anonymous said...

AMY, THIS IS JOYCE AGAIN. I HAD AN E-MAIL FROM DOLORES AGAIN THIS A.M. AND SHE SAID SHE HAD NOT HEARD FROM YOU. SHE REALLY WANTS TO GET IN TOUCH SO PLEASE SEND HER AN E-MAIL IF YOU HAVE TIME. I MAY BE POSTING THIS ON THE WRONG PAGE. HER ADDRESS AGAIN:
waldrumad@yahoo.com

Your blog is very interesting.