Saturday, November 25, 2006

I got a jury summons in the mail! I usually get them the week following the end of school, when I'm worn out and grumpy, but it came early this year!! Dec. 4; a Monday. I'm looking forward to it; but the questions usually follow along these lines:
"Mrs. LaMore, is your husband Andrew LaMore?"
"Yes" (duh, it's written right there on the form!!)
"He is an adult probation officer?"
"Yes" (another Duh!)
"Judge, we request this juror not be considered for placement."

GRRR! Just once, I'd like to say, "Hey! I have my own brain!! I can make an impartial decision not based on my husband's career!" I would like to do my civic duty and see the process in action, but NO! They think I am not capable of doing this on my own. So, I take my lovely $6.00 and go home.

Oh well, one less day of school before Christmas!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day anyway. I think it is more than $6 these days.
Shanon

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am posting to you again on behalf of Dolores Moore (Archie Waldrum's widow). She would really like to hear from you so that she could get your address. I am just trying to help her get in touch and have no idea where you live except for somewhere South of San Antonio.

She is doing okay but still has a lot of loose ends to tie up.

This is her friend from many years ago when we lived in Tyler together.

Joyce

Amy said...

Joyce; I wrote her right after you last contacted me, but maybe it didn't go through. I'll certainly try again. Thanks for letting me know.