Friday, February 13, 2009

Ta-da!

Well, yesterday went just fine. I took my sedation pill and drove straight over to the dentist's office. As I sat there, waiting for it to kick in, I watch as all these little children go walking in happily, unaware that the old lady sitting in her car is terrified to face something they go about routinely.

Just as it is time for the appointment, with my eyes starting to fuzz, I walk in. The receptionist immediately reaches under the counter and pulls out Jackie's I-Pod. We all chuckle, I offer a prayer of thanks, and down I sit.

Not 5 minutes. Didn't even have time to pick up a magazine, and they call me in. I don't know if it was my good timing or their determination to get me in the chair quick, before I change my mind. I'm walked in to the area and am introduced to Dawn, the exocutioner of the day... well, maybe not. She actually is nice. Firm, but nice.

As I attempt to put the earplugs in, after all Dawn's instructions and explainations of the events to occur, the things won't stay in. Now, here are two women in their 50's trying to figure out how to get the darn things in so we can begin. I'm fully sedated by now, but the failure of the earplugs is starting to stress me out anyway. Finally, I ask for tape. Yep, scotch tape. Earplugs firmly taped to my head, we can begin. Don't ask me what I listened to, the drugs erased all memory.

Soon, painlessly, it was over. The dear Dr. came in to give me the run-down on what's next, and Andy takes me home. I'm in bed by 7:30 and up as usual at 6:30 this morning. He hates how I conk out, but I'm getting it done.

I only have about 6 more appointments before I can say I'm caught up. All in all, I don't think it's that bad. Not bad at all for a phobic!!!

No comments: