Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday, at last

This has been a long week; sore throat with no voice makes for a very long school day, and a new student feeling the reins on top of it. I instantly love some of these kids, but not so much this one. I think it is because I feel he disrupts the dynamic of the class and the other boys DO NOT like him. My fear is that they are reacting to my feelings, and that is not fair. I hope to dismiss him soon....

I never was the "new kid." I lived in the same house and went to school with the same classmates all my life. It was a very safe life, and I so wanted that for my girls. Andy and I made the concious decision not to move again after the move back home, as I wanted the girls to have that same constantcy of life that we both had. Imagine how I felt when, one day Erin's senior year she announced, "Man, I never got to be the NEW GIRL!" I think my face just froze - one of those moments I alluded to last post that I thought so one way and they felt the total opposite!!

Have a good weekend!!

1 comment:

jenn said...

I hear you on the LONG WEEK business! I know its difficult to be a teacher with no voice. and new kids are always a challenge; you're finding out about them, they're finding out about you AND adjusting to new surroundings too. It's not much fun being a new kids, i only did it once. I can't imagine it being in the middle of the year though! I hope your weekend has been good so you can start fresh on Monday!