Friday, February 20, 2009

Today's List

Every morning, while I eat my cereal, I look to the front section of the San Antonio newspaper to see "the list." Each day, it's something new; often mundane, sometimes really interesting, rarely upsetting. Until today.

The bold print said: America's top 10 heroes. I'll let you guess who was #1.

Obama. Based, it said, on a survey of U.S. adults asked who they admire enough to call heroes.

The criteria for choices?? Doing what's right, regardless of the personal consequences, Not giving up until the goal is accomplished, doing more than what other people expect of them, overcoming adversity, and staying level-headed in a crisis. 2,634 adults responded. Here are the other 9 of the list:

2. Jesus Christ
3. Martin Luther King
4. Ronald Reagan
5. George W. Bush
6. Abraham Lincoln
7. John McCain
8. John F. Kennedy
9. Chesley Sullengerger (airplane pilot who landed safely in the Hudson river.)
10. Mother Teresa

Now, a co-worker told me that I should be happy that Jesus was even included. Sad, but I guess true, considering our population today. All I can say is,

Obama - #1?? Oh, my....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

what are we going to do?