Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My turn

My girls have each done this, so I think I'll give it a try:

25 Things about me

1. I am a 6 generation member of the Church of Christ. A great heritage from a loving family of Christians.

2. I knew I was in love with Andrew the first time he kissed me. I still love his kisses!

3. The day I left Huntsville was the saddest day of my life. Well, Smudge dying is right up there!

4. I am phobic of dentists - no matter how gentle they are, I am beyond scared.

5. Building my home was my dream come true. For years and years, while other girls read 16 and Teen, I was pouring over 1200 Houseplans and the like. I looked in every house I could in every town I lived in. Once I built my home, that need was gone. I never want to see anyone else live in it.

6. Mountains are my favorite place to be... the feel of them and the sight of rain clouds coming over them takes my breath away!

7. My mom was really a good mom - she lay in the grass with us and looked at clouds, and told us there was life outside Poteet, Texas. Anything we wanted, she found a way for us to have it, and I'm finally realizing that I had a really happy childhood.

8. Tulsa Workshop opened my eyes to the beauty of raising hands in praise. I miss doing it!

9. Cheese enchiladas covered in chili and cheese are my favorite food.

10. I love being with little children. Teaching is just an avenue to influence their lives.

11. I was one of those Beatle fans who sat and cried while others screamed full blast.

12. My grandmother Inez and my mother in law are two of my role models. Amazing women, both.

13. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was in my 30s. We went to the mall, and I couldn't chicken out because Dana, Erin and Stephanie (my neice) were watching me. It grossed me out to hear it going through my skin!

14. If I were a man, I'd be a worship leader. As it is, I just sing loudly.

15. Jackie Hutton makes me laugh when no one else can.

16. I've found out that what I thought was important and a big deal to the girls is not what they remember and reminisce about.

17. I wish I'd had more babies.

18. I would love to kiss Nicholas Cage!

19. If mom had had her way, and I'd ended up with John P., I'd be an old hippie living in a commune somewhere in South America. I would like to know what he's up to, though!

20. The years I stayed home with my girls were the best of my life. They were also the poorest, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

21. I hate my hair. Always have.

22. I used to be a voracious reader, but lost it when my thyroid messed up and I couldn't stay awake to read. I hope to rekindle it someday!

23. I would love to learn to play the violin.

24. I was with my dad an hour before he died, and he opened his eyes (for the first time in a month) and smiled at me. It was wonderful!!

25. I love my cousins. They remind me of my childhood and they keep me real. I would love to be with them more.


I know I will think of more later, but this is off the cuff. I'm sure it's not anything you didn't already know, but it was fun to reflect.

Next?!?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You inspired me! (Would that be a good thing?)

The Johnsons said...

#6 - me, too
#8 - you need to come to Tuesday night with us
#16 - like what?
#18 - I so could have done without this one. Nicholas Cage?! Really, Mom?