Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facing one's demons

Here it is, the middle of February, and so far, I have kept my one New Year's resolution. Knowing myself, I knew better than to make certain ones, but because of the past couple of months, I had to do this one; I am getting my teeth taken care of.

Now, I don't want to say anything to make you think "Oh, Gross!", but let's just say there is plenty to do to get things how they need to be. I have neglected things that now come to haunt me, and at the ripe old age of 54, it's time.

The big hurdle for me is that I'm angry at myself. Every day of our married life, I've watched as Andy was obsessive about his dental hygiene, and yet I let lots of time go by without dealing with it.

But, appointment by appointment, we will get it done. I have some dental insurance, which will help, but that is the only bright spot I can think of. I go again today - 3 appointments in a row since New Years' - and my palms are already sweating. Thank goodness for Jackie's I-Pod and sedation pills!

So - if you think about it, send up a prayer about 3:00.

I'm going to do this!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Been thinking of you most of the afternoon! Hope the I-Pod worked!

Dana said...

I am SO proud of you!!!!!!! :)