Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What a night!!

I'm really, really tired today, but it is very worth it!! Last night we had our first gathering of our new Secret Sisters' Fellowship, and I was pleased beyond words at the atmosphere and turnout!! Out of 32 signed up, we had all but 6, which I think is awesome!! Our youngest, Mikenna, was there and we had ladies well past their 9th decade!! So much good food, laughter, a few tears of sweetness, and even a song!

I have to say, I expected MAYBE 15 to 18 ladies, but God has really used this fellowship to bring together a group so mixed I never could have imagined. Some sat quietly in the corner, some flitted around and visited, a couple of new ladies sat with an "oldtimer" to figure out who was who, and in no time, it was done. One lady who never does "Ladies" Things" was there and had a blast! Darla and Linda's idea about the children's bags added a touch of service to our group - Thanks, sisters!! I can only expect this to grow and flourish as the months go by.

As I said in my prayer to start us off - God knew so well how we need each other. Last night was proof positive to all!!

1 comment:

jenn said...

i had a blast last night, and Mikenna did as well!! I am so looking forward to the months ahead, thank for for taking off with the idea and leading us in this awesome fellowship! i love you