Monday, February 23, 2009

Worshipping with allergies

Yesterday, I could not sing at worship. Ugh - but I found a way to worship without my voice; I just let others around me do it for me! I sat next to a man I've never sat next to in the morning, and WOW - can he sing!! Amazing what you hear when your own voice is silenced! Later that evening, I sat in front of sweet Howard, and heard him sing with all his might, "My eyes are dry, my face is cold..." strong and full of passion. I love to hear him sing. 94 years, and still going. I can always hear Alice, Jackie, Rick and Mary Beth, Jamie and a few others. They lift up the words I am not able to put sound to for fear of disrupting those around me with coughing.
While it's not the optimum way to go, at least I am there, being edified by my brothers and sisters.

Sure beats staying home all by myself!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I so loved that you were there! My pride in your putting the oscars on hold was awesome. Kinda a tear jerker!

see ya tonight!

Amy said...

Now you're making me feel bad!! I checked, and the awards didn't start until 7:30, so I had plenty of time to grab a burger, get home, change and get comfy before it ever even started!!

But thanks for making me feel like I did go anyway!!!