Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Every marriage has its problems.

I don't like to go to bed by myself. I need more sleep than Andy does.
Thus, our problem. I should sleep from about 9:30 to 6:30, and he can run on only about 5 hours of sleep. So, if I try to match his pattern, I am grumpy and miserable and the little children at school have to put up with me. My eyes water and I yawn a lot - it's not pretty, people. I'm on the couch, waiting for him to come to bed, and I turn into the Bobblehead from Pleasanton. It's really not nice- it hurts when my head goes bashing into the back wooden trim of the sofa, or I drop what I'm holding, or I SNORE really loudly. All so we can go to bed at the same time.

If he gets up and comes to bed when I go, then his five hours of sleep runs out about 3:00 am and he is awake the rest of the night. Makes for a long day of keeping the criminal element in check.

But I want us to go to bed TOGETHER! It's really important to me, even after all these years.

I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

Dana said...

All I have to say is this....Don't EVER start another blog with "Every marriage has its problems"!

The Johnsons said...

Here is a suggestion that I know won't fly...

Put a television in your room. You both go to bed at the same time - you sleep, dad can watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe: 100th Dirty Job!

Not a good slution, but it's a solution...

jenn said...

sorry, can't help you there! i like being in bed by myself, unless i'm with my nephews!