Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More and more, I enjoy sitting back and watching people around me interact. Tonight after church services were over, I was talking to my friend Jackie about something that was really weighing on her heart. I was listening to her, she had my full attention, except for the people behind her that I was watching. She asked me if she was bothering me, and I assured her that I was with her, but just checking something out. The two people I was looking at were as close as two people could be, face to face, arms around each other, bodies in full embrace. The beauty of this picture is that, only a few months ago, these two had gone through major trauma in their joined lives, and their relationship had appeared doomed. A long-term, intimate friendship, shattered beyond repair. Or so it seemed. I don't know who initiated the healing between them, or if they will come out of it anywhere near what they once were, but tonight, they were back and talking. Loving. Forgiving. It was a beautiful sight to behold, and renews my faith in the resilience of the human spirit to overcome the most broken of hearts. I believe it was truly something only a loving God could do. It made my night.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

i loved seeing it too.