Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Who says Texas doesn't have seasons: we had Fall today! I saw and felt it myself. First, Andy came and got me up to go to the back porch and feel the air. No mistaking that feel - Fall! You can stand and inhale all day long and never get tired of it after months and months of triple digit dry weather. Unfortunately, I had to get ready for school, so I went back in. But - later in the day, I was walking back to my building, and looked down and saw a beautiful red leaf, laying on the dirt for my pleasure! Now, it WAS a crepe myrtle, and they do turn when nothing else will, and it is a little early, but I don't care. For that moment, I was in Vermont or Maine, or where ever; where you actually need long sleeves and corduroy pants and mittens of all colors. It was great!! "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!"

2 comments:

jenn said...

God is good to paint our world in fall foilage, even if it is just for a little while. I certainly did enjoy walking my kids to p.e. and going in and out of the buildings today too. i'm sad i was running late between schools it sure would have been a nice walk! we had dinner at mom's and ate on the porch; she and paw paw are still out there! it is Wonderful, Lord and we thank you!

Jackie said...

And this is why I love you so much. Only my sweet Amy could see Maine in a day in South Texas.