Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ode to Erin

Everyone ought to have an Erin in their family. Over the years, I've observed things in common with girls named Erin, and most of them fit mine. They are outspoken. They stand up for the underdog and don't care what people think of them for being friends with such. They question. They get what they want; usually by wearing down the opposition (i.e. parents!) They are loving and fiercely protective of those they love. They are not easily led, but are loyal to those they follow.

Dana was 2 yrs. and 8 months old when Erin was born. I think that is the perfect age, for they have been best sisters all their lives. Other than Gregg, Dana is the one person I don't think Erin could live without, which makes me so happy. Erin loves her father fiercely and has always wanted just to make him proud. And me? I think Erin thinks I'm kinda easy; she's always known how to persuade me, to make me laugh when I wanted to be SO mad at her I could scream (and did, a few times!) and can say "MOM!" in more than 100 ways - well, maybe not.

We tease Erin a lot, because she's given us so many wonderful memories to use at her expense, but the truth is, she is the perfect daughter. There is not one thing about her I would change for all the money in the world. There's not another mom in the world with a daughter like mine, and I thank God for her every moment of my life.

Happy Birthday, Erin Elaine LaMore Johnson September 24, 1982

2 comments:

Jackie said...

My sweet Erin - - I love it that we have history. When we used to have her in class, it was always the topic of discussion about what would NOT get by Erin. She never 'gave' us anything, but made us work on our preparation. If there was a difficult question, she would be the one to come up with it.

And when we conveyed something that she understood, amy, the look on her face made us proud, not of her, but of us. Because we 'passed' the Erin test. I will alwyas thank her for that and will alwyas cherish that memory.

love you, you great mama!

Dana said...

I second all that was said about my beautiful sister! She is perfect!