Saturday, September 30, 2006

There is a scripture that tells us to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that is in us. I'm pretty good at the "why I believe what I believe" aspect of that, but yesterday, I was put in a position that was different. I only hope I didn't mess things up....

A lady I work with is a member, should I say WAS a member, of my congregation. She admitted to me that she has not been very involved or has not studied as much as she should. She was concerned about something she'd heard at worship on Tuesday night, and wanted to know my stand on what she'd heard. She was really upset, and I knew I had to choose my words carefully but be truthful. We spent about 20 minutes, and I think I did okay. I pray I did- I want her to study more and learn from the truth what should be. I hope you'll pray for me that i might continue to have dialouge with her about this, and that she will make peace and return to our fellowship.

No comments: