Sunday, October 01, 2006

Calendars are a big deal in our family. Every Christmas, almost, one is chosed with great care for each member of our family. None of these insurance or bank, run of the mill calendars for us! Andy usually had Star Trek; me, Far Side - you get the drift. Well, today is "turn the calendar day" for October. New birthdays appear, school holidays, other exciting events make themselves known. I love it.

Today's turning reminds me of my favorite season - Fall. I love everything about it - the smells, colors, new foods, the way the sun shines through the giant oaks on my way to school each morning, and so on. Holidays we wait for all year are closer, and with that comes family. There's just not a time better than Fall!

Do you have a favorite season?

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Fall! FAll! Fall! Easily my favorite-hands down. no question.
I do not love fall in south texas. I love it in northern Missouri. I love the smell of the air and geese flying and the way your feet ache on the first frosted morning. I love hot chocolate and chicken and dumplings and pumpkin pie. I love summing up. I love tallying the year. I lvoe sitting in front of a fire with herbal tea and george winston playing and listening to the wind against the window.

God used to give me cold days for my birthday. I cried and prayed for them and every so often He would. When He did, it was our secret. Made me feel even then that maybe, just maybe I was honestly loved.

The Johnsons said...

Definitly the fall, too. High school football w/ cocoa and blankets. Crunchy leafs to step on. Acorns to crunch. The feeling of crisp air when you opwn your back door when you expect 100% humidity... Then comes Thanksgiving!

Spring is my number 2...

jenn said...

i love Spring best. it's a time for new beginnings. new baby animals, new flowers the trees are blooming and maybe we'll see green grass. I like fall next, especially if i'm somewhere where you can see that it's fall. i can't wait for HEB camp in Oct. i will see fall there, and hear it and smell it, and feel it too!