Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm pretty sure God didn't set up His church with this in mind, but in 2006, this has to be my favorite part of the church....

On Sunday, we worshipped with Erin and Gregg at West Houston church of Christ in Houston. It was our second time, and we were looking forward to meeting more of their friends. They have an energetic worship leader, and a good minister, and so we were up for it. Just as we were being seated for worship, Dana grabs my arm and starts jumping up and down, "There's the Parkers!" she says and points across the way. Sure enough, Cecil and Cheryl Parker were going to their seats right across the aisle. We met and worshipped with the Parkers in Katy in the early 1980s, and then Dana became acquainted with them during her student teaching time at Cinco Ranch, where they are members now. They were there to visit with friends on Sunday, so they got to meet Erin and Gregg. It was wonderful to see these dear saints and catch up, even if for a minute. God is so good to give us these glimpses of Heaven, where we'll all be re-united forever in praise and glory!! It was the icing on the cake of a wonderful weekend with my dear ones.

On a serious note, please pray for me. There is a chance I may be reassigned to another teaching assignment in the next few weeks, one I"m not excited about at all. Pray a suitable candidate can be found and hired, so that I can stay where I am and continue the work I find so rewarding. I'd appreciate it very much.

Sweet dreams on this Monday night.

2 comments:

jenn said...

i'm so glad that you got to visit with old friends, God is so good to us!

and oh my goodness on the reassignment position...i think i know what you are talking about...EEEK! my knees will be dirty for you as that decission is being made. i know that if you are put in that classroom, that you can handle it and that there are many people who can assist you, but i hope that you will be able to continue in the capasity you are now in! I love you and will be talking to God!

The Johnsons said...

I bet God had things like this in mind when he put the Church together... Like you said - a glimpse of heaven!