Saturday, October 21, 2006

I'm so glad God is not like me. I love hearing from Dana and Erin, and I hate time to go by when I don't get to talk to them and find out how their lives are going. They don't call everyday, or some days they call more than once, but I can't recall one time when they started off a conversation with a list of the things they need. Usually it's a funny happening during their day, or a general phone chat.

I was wondering about that at 1:30 this morning, when I was praying.
I've given up praying before bedtime, because I'm asleep before I know it and then, I'm ashamed. So, when I wake up in the night, I"ll call on the Father. Being the mom that I am, I usually start off with concerns and blessings I seek for the kids, and that's not what I should be doing. My God deserves so much more of my adoration and praise, and I hit him with "I need" and "I want."

Forgive me, Father God for not just calling to visit. Things are going pretty well here, and I thank You for all those blessings. You are such an awesome God, and I love how you wait so patiently for me.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

that is such an awesome blog!!! you never really think about it until it just pops in your head all the sudden. thanks for sharing that!! it sure makes me realize I have been doing that too and that I need to stop!!! and I totally agree that He is so patient with us!!!

jenn said...

Rosie says: Amy I have felt the same way so....many times. How often I neglect to be thankful, because I am concerned about the needs of myself or my family. Thanks for the reminder to get our priorities in order. I love you Amy so....much. Rosie

jenn said...

ditto and duplicate! wow, He is so patient with us and does deserve so much more than i give! thanks for the reminder! love you!