Thursday, October 19, 2006

I want to spend money. Lots, and lots of money. I don't care if it's real or plastic, I want to drop a bundle.

We've been doing Dave Ramsey for about a year now, I think. It's helped us a lot, and we've made good progress, but we still have some debt to handle before we can yell, "Debt Free!!!" I've been obedient to his doctrine and have budgeted almost every penny, but I am ready to explode. I "need" to buy so many things, and I want more than I "need." I can barely see that little light at the end of that long, dark tunnel.

Patience, Amy. It'll be worth it when it happens.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I SO know where you're at!!! Robert and I would be so good for so long then WHAM! I'd go out and blow lotsa$$$$. Course, that's what put us and kept us in debt. now that we're free from it, i'm almost paranoid about getting back. So I cheat. I save for my splurge! ha!

Anonymous said...

WE STARTED 1/10/05 WITH THE FIRST DAVE CLASS. KIND OF AN IRONIC DATE, DON'T YOU THINK? yOU HAVE DONE SO WELL...LITTLE OR NO COMPLAINING...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.

Cryssy said...

We've been doing it for 2 years and it is soooo great for the peace of mind. We aren't debt free yet but it is so nice to budget for those splurges. I defintely think you need to add to the Blow catagory!!