Monday, October 30, 2006

I am aging. I feel it today in my reflection on the retreat of the past weekend. Used to be, I'd be the "cheerleader" of the group, up in front and calling all the shots - the "hyper" one. This past weekend, I found myself sitting and watching as the others led in such marvelous ways. I loved watching young and old, member and visitor, and all other assorted women hugging, loving and laughing together, working to prepare meals, and sharing when someone's heart was needing care. It gave me great pleasure to know that, with one phone call, and entire weekend came together for God's glory and our energizing. My most heart-felt thanks to everyone who was there and played a part in the time away. I hope that we have many more to come, and that more and more women will come to enjoy what we had this weekend.

And Jackie, thanks for counting in the night.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Amy, see '...and then ...'

jenn said...

i guess i need to read jackie's now becuase i don't get, "counting in the night". great blog though and GREAT planning. thank you for putting it into action for us!