Monday, October 23, 2006

This is Red Ribbon Week - one dreaded by most public school teachers in Texas, yet one of the few where we get to actually put aside the rigors of the school year and have some fun, creative time with the kids.
Today was "Team us against drugs" at my campus. We were encouraged to wear our favorite teams' jerseys and show how sports and teamwork can keep us away from drugs. (I could comment here, but won't)
There were a few various jerseys, yes, Dana - even a Texas State jersey! - but by far, the favs were the SPURS, TU, and A&M. All day, you could see adults and kids alike "arguing" over whom was the better jersey, the orange or the maroon. Even at the ripe old age of 9, opinions ran strong. What a hoot!
Tomorrow - the big downtown rally and march!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I used to love red ribbon week! Guess how many red hots were in the jar; "Boo Drugs!" - halloween theme. Lauren and I won that day our senior year. We were lady bugs - remember?! I worked at the theater and won free movie tickets... Oh well, at least I won and had fun with Lauren.