Saturday, October 07, 2006

I eat lunch everyday with a couple of my co-workers. We dash in, grab the microwave to be first, and then we sit to enjoy our 30 min. lunch. The other day, we were talking about our habits at night, and how in a routine we all seem to be. One lady said, she and her husband, every Friday night, pop one bag of popcorn and drink -between them - one and a half Cokes. Not a coke a piece, one and a half. Another lady shared her and her husband's routine of getting their snacks together and watching the same movie over and over. I shared that Andy and I have "flake night" on Thursdays, where we fix our plates and sit on the couch to watch our favorite shows. No phone calls are allowed and we pretty much do it exactly the same each week. We all decided that these are pretty harmless, but do sound a little, well, mundane. I don't care. That Thursday night, I know Andy is mine alone, and even if not one sentence is shared, I know life is good. Here's to many Thursdays to come.

2 comments:

Dana said...

So since Dad is going to be out of town and you are taking Friday off, come spend your Thursday night with me. We'll talk...

The Johnsons said...

That sounds like fun! I want to come spend Thursday night with y'all! Hey - you should take Friday off and come to Houston when mom does! It would be fun!!!