Sunday, September 17, 2006

I really didn't know what I wanted to write about today until I checked my comments from the last entry... YIPPEE!!! Shanon's here! My dear friend that makes my heart smile just by reading her name was there in black and white for me to see!! WELCOME, dear one!

Shanon and I had our first daughters within 4 months of each other. We lived next door to each other and our husbands worked together in the prison unit down the road. We ate cheese dip and played games, and new each other's families. We were both teachers and involved in our respective churches, so life was just grand. After Dana was born, I was staying home the rest of the year with her, and everyday, Shanon would pull in her driveway and go put her stuff in her house. Then, she'd walk over and come see us. She'd take Dana in her arms and lay her across her growing belly and say, "Look baby, here's your friend Dana to play with you." Then, we'd visit while Dana just lay there. How do you top that?!?

Well, the years have passed, and we've both made lots of other friends, but for me, she's still among the very top in almost every way.

My heart is still smiling, just thinking about my friend. I hope you have some one like that in your life.

1 comment:

jenn said...

wow what a great blog and a cool memory; i can't picture baby dana but i can see a baby lying across a big belly! I'm glad we have friends that we can share so much with