Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another terror plot foiled today and lives saved. That's good to know, but I kind of miss the old Cold War of my youth. Back then, we'd meet at the gym and discuss what to do when the siren wailed in our little town. I'd climb under my little wooden school desk and wait for the all clear, and then I'd go back to the playground and go on about my business of being a kid. Like that desk was going to protect me! We'd talk about what foods to store, and how much, and what to do when your neighbors survived the blast but didn't have any cans of chicken noodle soup. Why hadn't they listened to the warnings!! Gladly, back then, I was just a little girl following directions because I was told too. I had no true idea of what THE BOMB would do to me or my loved ones. Unfortunately, now I know exactly what those enemies of America would do to my beloved country and those I love. Oh, to be naive again.

No comments: