Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm so glad I listened to Pat Autry. She is a dear sister in Christ from a town outside Houston where we once lived. When my girls were little bitty, Pat told me one day that she'd begun praying for their future mates when they (her children) were born. Hmmm, I thought, cool idea. Now, I haven't done it everyday for 20 years, but on most occasions, especially in the middle of the night, and mainly when the girls became "dating age", I tried to remember those faceless, nameless young men who would one day want to betrothe himself to one of my girls. I took it very seriously, because I DO believe God answers prayers, and this is a biggie.

Fast-forward a few years. Erin has begun dating, and we almost always really liked the guys, and sometimes I would wonder, "Is it you? Are you the one I prayed for all these years?" Well, we met him in the Spring of Erin's Freshman year at A&M. Gregg. We met him in January, and when we saw them together in April, I told Andy coming home from a visit that he was "him." I could tell. God had set him right down before us, and I was blown away. He could not be more what Erin needs for a truly happy life than if God literally asked me what I thought. He is godly, humble, kind, fun, desires her desires and wants nothing more than to make her life a joy. He came from a loving, God-fearing family that trained him to be a most wonderful man. He is ours as much as he is Erin's, and we love him with all our hearts. He is that prayer answered in full.

One answered; one to go. Thanks, Father.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yes mam.

nuff said.
love you.